Donnerstag, 1. Januar 2015

The challenges of being a student – information and advices to all future students

Hey there, guys!

How are you doing? Especially the freshman students. How is it going at University? In my case it is not going so well, if I'm honest ...

You know, before the Wintersemester began, I was quite optimistic. But when University started, the first thing I took notice of was that you have to plan and organize everything on your own: your courses, your lectures, your timetable ... People are not running after you anymore and remind you that you have to do this and go here and there. Unlike in school: The headmaster and the teachers create your timetable and inform you if anything important is coming up. That won't happen at University, guys!
The second thing is that you cannot go to University and when you're finished for the day enjoy your leisure time. You study at University and continue at home. So you actually study all the time.
The third matter I took notice of, and this one especially goes to English translation students, is: The exams called Pogress Checks (PCs) are completely different to the exams in school. In school you maybe start studying one week before the exam. But at Universtity, I really advise you to start studying three, if not four or five weeks before the PC. The learning matter is enormous and different to the one in school. Believe me, it's no bed of roses!

To sum up: University life and studying is not that easy. You should be aware that studying a language for instance is nothing you can do casually. For whatever reason, I thought that I can do that. But: No way! You need to be completely sure and you absolutely have to want it!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen